Is your sales force ready to drive organic growth? First ask yourself how you measure up in the five key areas listed below. Then click the survey link to answer ten quick and easy questions to find out where your company excels in creating a growth-oriented culture and where it needs to invest or improve.
Building a Customer Focused Sales Strategy
One of the biggest opportunities for Business-to-Business sales today is building a deep understanding of the customers' buying process. New thinking in supply chain management, buying teams, and a host of other factors make it virtually impossible for companies to rely on stale go-to-market approaches. Companies that harmonize their selling process to add value during the customers' buying process unleash the power of their sales force.
- Do you know the current and potential value of your customers?
- Do you know why you win and lose prospective accounts?
- Are there specific strategies and action plans to win new accounts, penetrate existing accounts and build loyalty across the spectrum?
Having the Best Talent
- Do you know who your best performers are and what makes them the best performers?
- Do you have a specific plan to replace the bottom performers?
- Do you have a competency model for each level in your sales force?
- Do you have a bench strength program that ensures that you are developing the next generation of leaders for your sales organization?
Living Process Discipline
- Do you measure the key drivers of sales success?
- Have you eliminated redundant or low-value activities and reduced unnecessary complexity?
- Can you forecast accurately?
- Do your customers think you are easy to buy from?
Rewarding the Right Behavior
- Do you reward for long term profitable growth?
- Do you have the right balance of risk in your sales compensation strategy?
- Do you provide a balance of financial rewards and non-financial recognition?
Willingness to Change for the Better
- Do you have methods to gather the most contemporary thinking regarding sales force deployment or management?
- Is your sales force hungry for new ideas? Do best practices get adapted and adopted frequently
- Do your front line sales people have a voice in the growth strategy?